Monday, February 20, 2017

Divisions and Elder Suarez Conference

Olá,

This week has been wild with a ton of traveling. Wednesday we went to Setúbal for Splits with the Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Taylor and learned a ton from him especially about talking with everyone and being more casual and loving as I do so. The day before there was a Sulfur explosion at one of the factories, While we were there the fumes were blowing in a different direction, so we were fine, but the next day they blew over to the City and the Setúbal missionaries had to stay inside all day.

The new power steering lasted a few days, we brought the car back to Opel this morning for it to get fixed again. We will likely receive a new car soon but we will see. Elder Luis definitely got a good workout driving the Power steering-less car for a few days.

We did a lot of searching for less actives in Santo André and ended up running into 2 members who are not on the branch Roster. One of them was baptized in Goiania where my brother Scott is Serving.

Friday we drive down to Faro for a conference with Elder Suarez from the seventy. It went really well and I understood 95%+ of what he said. He talked a lot about being how diligence=success and how we need to talk with literally everyone because we have no idea who is prepared to receive this Restored Gospel.

Sunday we had Branch conference, the branch really pushed for attendance, with all the Stake leaders and less actives that came we had 37 people! It felt so different and our chapel was packed! I hope to see it like that more often.

I finished the Book of Mormon in English on Tuesday, when I prayed again asking Heavenly Father if the book was true I had a feeling like of course it is true, you already know that this is true. I can not remember a specific point of time that I received an answer that the  Book of Mormon was true, My answer came to me through many spiritual experiences with the Book over a period of time. The Book is True! After I finished reading it in English I decided to begin reading in Portuguese. I always have a Livro De Mórmon with me, and I found that I could easily read 10 pages a day with a few minutes I have here or there. I hope to read it in less than 2 months!

Até Proximo.

Elder Anderson











 More pics from the Safari Park last week:









 View from the Setúbal Apartment




No comments:

Post a Comment