Monday, August 6, 2018

Minha Missão

Bom dia,

Last week was incredible passing the temple in Lisbon. It will be so beautiful and a great blessing to the Saints here in Portugal. I am excited to visit when I come back one day. It will be great to see our recent converts go through in the future.

At Zone meeting this week we learned about 4 groups of people that are more open to hear and accept the restored gospel: Young people, people that know members, poor spiritually, and poor temporally, and how their states in life make them more receptive to the Gospel. As I have seen many other missionaries do over the past 2 years, at the end of the meeting I shared my final testimony.

It has been real hot here, around 40ºC a little over 100ºF. Presidente Fillmore said that missionaries can and should drink a lot of water during the fast. The sky has been gray here, everyone is going to the Beach, Friday night there was a big power outage in the Oeiras and Cascais area, so Elder Favis did a baptismal interview there with candles.

I cut Elder Finseca´s and Davis´hair this week :)

We are organizing better the Area Book and made a list on Docs of 310 potencial investigators sorted by area. It will be a grand help and surely a few of them will be baptized!

We called Ana Cristina, who was in the phone as a less active, passed and talked with her, turns out she attended church for a year 40 years ago but her parents did not let her be baptized, She came to church yesterday and accepted a date for the 18th!

Time has passed quickly, Today is my last normal P-day, next Monday I will go to the office and prepare to fly home Tuesday. I am incredibly grateful for the experience I have had here as a full time missionary in Portugal. 

I am grateful for my areas: Santo André, Almada, Montijo, Angra do Heroísmo and Oeiras, for my companions, Elder´s Jan, Workman, Vano, Salmon, Pickrell, Knowlton, Luis, Cottrell, Carreira, Fisk, Alpizar, Angulo, Noad, Tanner, Payne, Webb and Davis and for the lessons that I have learned from each of them. For the future Euro´s and World Cups- I will cheer for Portugal! For the difficulties and challenges that I and my comps have experienced that have strengthened my faith in the Lord and his plan. For the members both active and less active in all of my areas that I came to know, and learn to love through serving them. For the feeling knowing that I helped strengthen the Lord´s church here in Portugal. For my gospel studies and the greater knowledge and testimony have gained of this Restored Gospel. For the P-days exploring beautiful areas, especially the Teceira Island. For the miracles and great blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon me. For every one of our Converts who exercised such great faith to accept this restored gospel and live according to the commandments. For seeing people change through this gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that this is his Restored church on earth with his Priesthood power that I have seen bless the lives of his children.

Vou ver vocês proxima semana! Amo Vocês!!
Elder Anderson




Irmão Rafael








 Boca do Inferno


 New and old bags
 a good year and a half

 missed a spot...!


  





No comments:

Post a Comment