Monday, November 7, 2016

Last week in SLC

Hey Everyone,

I had a great last week in Salt Lake City! We met some great potential
investigators and had some crazy experiences.

Friday night Wade took us out to dinner at Litzas Pizza, it was super
good and someone else payed for all of us haha that happens a lot in
Salt Lake haha he told us this crazy story I will try to sum it up.
Wade councils kids who are struggling with drugs addictions and what
not. He helped a kid named Jacob overcome drug addictions and leave on
a mission, he was called to Wichita Kansas. He then taught a teenager
named Morgan who was addicted to drugs. He helped him overcome all of
his addictions and he was then baptized. He was the only member in his
family and despite rejection from them he decided to serve a mission
and was called to Salt Lake City. Elder Morgan Workman is now one of
my companions. The story is crazy and was so fun to listen to!


Saturday night we had a Book of Mormon chucked at us off of a 2nd
story balcony along with a few words...That was a first.

Sunday night as we were leaving to tract, President wants us to tract
2 hours per day, we stopped and prayed asking God which way we should
go. As soon as the prayer was over we all had a distinct impression to
go left. We walked up to the end off the block and these apartments
stood out. We knocked all of them but no one was interested. We then
went right and the second house we knocked on we met Jordan who is in
graduate school for mechanical engineering, he is from Nashville and
previously attended Auburn. He was studying the bible with his
girlfriend. They invited us in and he immediately began preaching the
bible to us for 45 minutes haha He knows the Bible better than anyone
I have ever met in my entire life! We then began to talk about the
Book of Mormon. He had read most of it before and began asking us
about Grace and the Atonement. We talked about it and read many verses
for about an hour. By the end we still had different beliefs haha we
left a Book of Mormon and challenged him to read and pray about it. He
is really busy with school but we are going to hopefully meet with him
tonight.

We got permission to go to the Salt Lake Temple this morning because I
am going to miss the temple trip later this month. We got there and
got the news that the temple is closed in Monday's for cleaning...So
we got a tour of temple square. I got to see a few things that I
hadn't seen before so it was sweet!

Tonight I will pack up and head out in the morning for Lisbon! I am so
excited! I leave at 2:30 p.m.Tuesday and arrive 2:35 p.m. Wednesday and have a
4 hour layover in Amsterdam, I can't wait to get there but I am going
to enjoy my last day speaking English for the next 22 months!

--Elder Anderson

A few pictures from my time in the Salt Lake Mission:











No comments:

Post a Comment