Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Milagre (Miracle)

Olá,

This past week was my first Thanksgiving away from home. I was so caught up with the mission that I didn't even realize it was Thanksgiving until Elder Salmon mentioned it, haha. We had a District Skype fall through and Elder Salmon had to do a few things so I did some language study. I had a goal to finish the Restoration vocab (The first Lesson that we teach) by today. I worked really hard on Thursday and memorized 100 words!! I finished the Restoration vocab and memorized a good bit of the Plan of Salvation! There is no way I would have been able to do this without help from Heavenly Father, O Dom de Linguas! I finished the Plan of Salvation vocab Friday, about 50 words and I should finish The Gospel of Jesus Christ vocab by tomorrow!

I was a little more creative in the kitchen this week, I made some Biscuits, Pancakes and Chicken in Dumplings! They all turned out pretty well!

My back has been bothering me a bit, it started in the MTC and has not gotten better yet but hopefully it will soon.
We met with Anna and Paulo, our progressing investigators, on Saturday and talked about tithing, they did not accept it very well and said that they did not want to meet with us anymore...It was so disappointing. Germana, the member who we brought to the lesson, left her glasses there so we had to go back last night, Anna graciously invited us in and said that she changed her mind and wanted to continue taking the lessons! Milagre!
The Mission has been very difficult. It is sad to see so many people reject this great message, but as Elder Holland said, "When you are rejected, spit upon, cast out and mocked you are standing shoulder to shoulder with the greatest life this world has ever known."





1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the chicken dumplings Dallin!!! Looks Delicous. We really enjoy reading your letters.
    From,
    The Soulier Family

    ReplyDelete