Monday, December 5, 2016

Transfers

Olá

This past Tuesday we left at 6 in the morning to drive to Zone training in Setubal. We taught 5 30-minute lessons to missionary investigators. President Tavares really wants us to improve on our teaching so we practice a ton. After we went on splits in Setubal, it was a cool area. I went with Elder Badger he is a super good missionary and literally talked to everyone, he was a great example for me.

Friday we helped Tatiana with her job, she cleans the floors at a sports place. It was big and a lot of sweeping and vacuuming, but it was fun. It took about 3 hours.

I street contacted a Austrian couple who didn't speak Portuguese so I spoke to them in English. For the first time it was hard for me to speak English, I had to think through my words and accidentally said a few Portuguese words haha

Sunday we had a 2.5 hour bus ride to Almada for Stake conference, I was feeling pretty good about my Portuguese up until then haha I understood some words but had a hard time connecting them. Elder Salmon translated some of it for me and it was really good, they talked a ton about member missionary work.

We only had 3 lessons this week, 2 with José Maria, he is progressing pretty well and enjoys meeting with us!

Sunday night we were walking around town and stopped to talk to this guy sitting on a bench smoking named Antonio. We asked if we could share a 5 minute message with him and he willingly accepted! That is pretty rare. We talked to him about the Restoration and gave him a The Book of Mormon to read and set up an appointment for later this week, Milagre!

I began my study of the Atonement of Jesus Christ this morning, all the missionaries in the mission are supposed to do a indepth study of it throughout their mission. It is going to be so interesting!

I can´t believe I have already been in the field for a transfer! Time has flown by, Elder Salmon and I are both staying in Santo André. We have a lot more work to do here, I am excited!







No comments:

Post a Comment