Monday, January 16, 2017

Transferências

Olá,

Time has flown by! I finished 12 week training this week. It is a program that missionaries go through their first 12 weeks in the field that includes 30 minutes of extra study everyday preparing to teach lessons and adjust overall. It is nice to have it over with but now my responsibility increases! Elder Salmon has been in Santo André for 6 months, 4 transfers and is now leaving to Cacem. Elder Pickrell is going to Setubal and I am staying here in Santo Andre with Elder Knowlton! I am happy for the opportunity I have to stay and work in this area!

A few nights ago I followed up with the Repsol cashier, that we had given the Book of Mormon to from the CODE 68 story. She had already read to Mosiah! I invited her to read Moroni 10 and ask Heavenly Father if the book was true and I promised her that she would receive an answer. I felt the spirit really strongly as I extended the invitation. It was awesome.

We ate lunch a few days ago at a Japanese Buffet close to the church. We stuffed ourselves full of sushi for a good hour, It was great haha

The language is still difficult but it has gotten a lot easier. I am now somewhat comfortable in talking with and teaching people. I am maybe 30% fluent in Portuguese and hope to make a big improvement this transfer.

We had 2 lessons with Alita and her 2 daughters this week. She was baptized when she was young but has not attended church for years and has forgotten most of the doctrine. We watched the Restoration video with her and and as we saw the first vision she began to cry. It was powerful and spiritual lesson, yesterday she attended church!

Sunday we had dinner with the Branch President's family about an hour away in Carvalhar. We left to go work there right after church and found out that is was a beach vacation town with a bunch of vacation homes and not as much work as we had thought. We drove through the small town and found a neighborhood to tract. We talked to a few people and knocked a bunch of doors and were wrapping up when we saw a lady washing her car and decided to talk to her. She was super nice and open. We did a brief overview of the Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon then she told us that we had stopped there for a reason. It was a Miracle!

As my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ increases my desire to share this restored gospel increases. I know that this church is true and I am excited for this new transfer and the opportunity I have to serve the Lord. 

Elder Anderson



 Eating Sushi!





 Our Ramo (Branch)
 I tried to get some pics of the countryside on the drive to Carvalhar










 President Inacio and his family, they were unable to attend church and be in the branch photo because their car battery died

I have been working crazy hard on my handwriting everyday. These 20 sheets, 10 alphabet and 10 numbers took about 3 weeks with just a little bit of time to practice everyday. I have already seen a difference and am determined to practice until I have perfected my handwriting!

No comments:

Post a Comment