Monday, March 6, 2017

Cristo Rei-Christ the King

Olá,

Tuesday I arrived in my new area, Almada! It is on the other side of the Rio Tejo of Lisbon, It is a much larger city and area than Sines and Santo André and has a completely different feel to it. My new comp, Elder Cottrell is from Gwinett County, Georgia. It´s funny that we are the only 2 missionaries from Georgia and that we are serving together. He has only been here for 3 weeks, so neither of us know our way around the area very well so we have been going through the area book a ton looking for people that we can teach. 

The language is not much of a problem now, I understand pretty much everything that is said, Now the challenge is knowing what to say rather how to say it. Which is a much better problem to have haha.

This area has a ton of Africans and Brazilians, A few nights ago a family came to us and said, "Oh the Elders! We talked with you in Angola and would like to hear more!" African people are so cool!

Saturday I had the opportunity to baptize Feliciana. She was a referral from a member some time ago and had been taught by the missionaries for a while. She was going to have the Bishop baptize her, but he wanted the Elders to do it and I hadn´t Baptized anyone so I was chosen to do it. I was happy to do so. It was a cool experience baptizing someone for the first time.

The famous "Cristo Rei" monument is in Almada (the smaller replica of the one in Brazil) We went to visit it this morning but unfortunately they are doing some work on it and he elevator is closed for a month so we weren´t able to go to the top, Hopefully one day. But we walked around it and saw the 25 de Abril Bridge and Lisbon on the other side of the river. 

The Almada ward has about 30 active members and a ton of potential, I am excited to continue working here!

Elder Dallin Anderson






 My new companion Elder Cottrell





 The Church Building








No comments:

Post a Comment