Monday, March 20, 2017

Tie Burning, New Goals and Backflip

Olá,

Tuesday night I burned one of my ties to celebrate being on the mission for 6 months! I put it on a wire hanger and let it sit on the gas burning stove for a few seconds until it caught, then ran to the other side of the apartment to the deck where we watched it go up in flames.

This week I set lots of goals for the rest of the transfer. I set goals for number of contacts, push-ups, words to memorize, Livro de Mórmon reading, lesson practices, language study and handwriting practices. Then I divided it up into weekly and daily goals. It feels great to have lots of things to be working on to improve myself!

We had divisions with the district this week. I went with Elder Angulo and we had a great time. A few times people told him that they were not interested, but then he began to ask questions about them and they began to talk then he was able to wrap it back and share a Book of Mormon scripture and testify. He did this a few times it was pretty impressive to watch. I learned a lot from him.

I did 1,500 push-ups this week! I am trying to do 7,000 this transfer and am on track so far, this week we are going to start running in the mornings.

This morning the district went to Costa Caparica and played soccer on the beach for a while. Elder Mitton was doing all kinds of crazy flips, I finally got the nerve to try a back flip with him spotting me!

Saturday there was a party at the church so we stopped by for a little while. I got to play some ping pong with some Africans and had a blast. After one of the young men, André, said Elders come up to the chapel I have some friends for you to teach. For the next hour or so we taught Pedro and Samuel about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. They are not very religious people and were not all that interested, but we taught a really spiritually powerful lesson and after teaching them, Samuel who didn't believe in God. felt the spirit and now has the desire to learn more! He lives in different parts of Portugal so we passed their information on to the Elders who work there.

Carlos attended church again and really enjoys it. The Clement Family is doing well. We walked with Souza to church on Sunday. Marina had to stay home because there daughter is sick. As we were walking under some trees a  bird went to the bathroom right on his head, but he was a good sport about it, enjoyed church and after he asked, "What are the steps I need to take to get baptized?" First they will be baptized they will have to get married and it looks like they will have to get residency in the county before doing so which might take some time, but nonetheless they have the desire.

The weather here has been all over the place. Sunday afternoon it was burning hot, then that night it was windy and super cold. Crazy.

I have met a good bit of people from India and Natal who don't speak Portuguese so I have to talk with them in English. English contacts are getting harder and harder and I often accidentally say a few things in Portuguese because a lot of words in Portuguese come more natural than in English. I am working on learning Subjunctive... I hope to have Past, Present and Future subjunctive down by the end of the transfer while learning 100 words a week. Fluency is just around the corner!


Até proximo.
Elder Anderson












 For Father´s day the children at church gave these to all the Dads and missionaries haha


 Costa da Caporica










No comments:

Post a Comment