Monday, May 15, 2017

Duo Lingo

Olá,

This week we did another Family History Blitz, this time in Costa da Caparica. It is so fun setting up the flag and for 2 hours the 8 of us talk to as many people as we can about Family History and the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. That day I had a goal to get 5 contacts, I had 3 Contacts by the end of the Blitz and 7 by the end of the day!

We found a bunch of cards in the chapel with the address and hours of our church so this week we gave out tons and invited a lot of people to church, unfortunately none came yesterday, but hopefully next week.

I finished the book, "Member Missionary Work" It was amazing, it basically expanded on President Monson´s quote,

"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work."

We have seen the truth of this on our own work with a woman named Invandra who was a referral from a member and who is super prepared to accept this Restored Gospel. 

We attended a Jehovah Witness meeting this week, it was a unique experience.

It was so fun Skyping the family yesterday especially speaking to Scott in Portuguese, we will be able to speak Portuguese together for the rest of our lives!

I have been doing a variety of things for my language study this week I began Duo lingo and so far it has really helped, I hope to finish the Program before my year mark in the field I and will truly be 100% fluent then.

This transfer has flown by! this is already the last week, likely my last here in Almada, if I stay here or get transferred to another area in the Setubal Stake I will have an opportunity to see Elder Andersen from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles as he will visit the Setubal Stake on the May 28!

Até Proximo.
Elder Anderson
 HF in Costa




 This Pasterliaria has great pastries 4 for 2€
 Family Carvalho




 Even Catholics recognize Joseph Smith as a true prophet of God haha


 Almada from the top of Cristo Rei












No comments:

Post a Comment