Monday, June 26, 2017

Semana

Olá,

Wednesday night we were returning home and I looked at a small apartment building and had the feeling that we should go knock it. We met this cool lady named Alexandra and taught her the Plan of Salvation.

We knocked a door, they said, "We´re Catholic" (tons of people use that as a Barrier) Elder Fisk was super thirsty so he asked for water and they offered us Beer...We declined.

Metro (like a subway) contacts are the best. I used to be super scared to talk to people there but now the fear is gone and I just enjoy it. It is funny because there are tons of people sitting there and I just start talking with the first person I see and go to the next and next everybody is looking at me and knows they are going got be next so they try to look busy and get on their phone or something but it never works for them haha. I saw a lady looking at me when I was talking to a few other people so I walked up to her and said, "Já sabes tu és próximo" or "you already know that you are next" haha.

Nothing too big happened this week, a lot of small miracles though. Street Corners. We find everyone on street corners, we are walking one direction and they are walking the other, we have ran into a lot of our friends and old investigators and potentials this way.

Last night we were returning and the both us looked at apartment complex #20 so we decided to knock it, one of the buttons was weird so Elder Fisk decided to press it the 7th of 11 floors so we knocked from there to the bottom and no one was interested, we wondered why we felt inspired to knock that apartment when we left and there was a cool guy named Edson from Brasilia, Brasil leaving from delivering Pizza, We talked with him, he was in a hurry but we got his information and marked an appointment for this week. 

I gave a talk on Faith in Jesus Christ in our group meeting Sunday, I used a few scriptures Helaman 5:47 was one of them, and used an example that I saw on lds.org that faith in Jesus Christ can be a shield against things of the world. It went well.

We passed Ana and watched the video https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-11-018-a-book-of-mormon-story?lang=eng  from a Bishop in London, England and how the Book of Mormon changed his life. when we were about to start the video her cousin Pedro walked in he happened to be visiting them and is from London. After we testified of the power of the Book of Mormon and left one with him inviting him to read it. 

Before entering the MTC, my Grandma Anderson gave me 50+ pages of Family History Stories from my Pioneer ancestors, I have been reading them for a while and finished them all this week. It was super cool to learn about them!

Tchau,
Elder Anderson

 Our Apartment (the second floor)







No comments:

Post a Comment