Monday, January 8, 2018

Believing Christ

Olá,

We have been working a lot with less actives and strenghthening them it has payed off as 5 came to church yesterday!

It was sad to hear about the Death of our Beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson. An incredible man and leader. We have a DVD player so during lunch we watched, "On the Lord´s Errand" that tells the story of his life, he did some incredible things and blessed the life of many people.

A member gave me a copy of the book, "Believing Christ" It was so good I read it in a few days. I learned that there is a difference between believing in Christ and Believing Christ. I recommend reading it.

We taught Marcia Silva who lives in Pico through Skype at a member´s house, she has read until Jacob in the Book of Mormon.

Saturday morning a few things happened with our plans and we ended up at a less active´s house that lives a good 30 minutes up the mountain. That morning I had an impression during studies that I should bring a Book of Mormon (English) with me. We got there and started talking to them and there aunt who is a member too and grew up in the US and hardly speaks Portuguese started talking to me in English about how hard her life had been and if there was any hope for her. I explained the Atonement to her and had the Book of Mormon and gave it to her! We left super late for lunch and on the way back we ran into Lucia the woman who found the Book of Mormon on the road, she has worked a ton for the past month and we hadn't been able to talk with her. It was a miracle!

Boa Semana!
Elder Anderson
 P-Day Adventures!























No comments:

Post a Comment