Monday, January 1, 2018

They're Out There

Feliz 2018!

2017, the only year that I will probably ever spend outside of the United States and preaching the gospel has come to an end, what an incredible year it has been. 

A lot has people here make these fancy cakes for Christmas, a lot of our investigators offered us some this week and it was super good!

All the houses here have gas tanks, that we buy every once in a while, and to have a hot shower you have to turn the water on then go and start the water heater whuch is pretty difficult so these last few weeks I decided to get used to cold showers, its not that bad after exercises.

The mission call states: "As you serve will all your heart, might and strength, the Lord WILL lead you to those who are prepared to be baptized." Before I left to the MTC my Grandpa West told me, "They´re out there" meaning elects prepared by the Lord waiting to hear and accept the Restored Gospel. After over a year in the field and over 10,000 contacts, I never let back or doubted the promise. I talked with Sara on the road, we taught her a few days later, she came to church and made some changes in her live to accept the commandments and Saturday I had the opportunity to baptize her and her daughter Veronica. Their confirmation followed Sunday. Elects prepared by the Lord. Miracle.

The mission goal of baptisms has been 75 a month since presidente Tavares arrived in the mission, at the beginning of my mission we hovered around 30 sometimes 40, the mission had a 40 day fast to reach the goal in the month of December, generally the hardest month of the year. After church Sunday we had 73, a few miracles happened and by the end of the night we reached 76! Meeting the goal!

2018, the year that I will end my missionary service, return home and start college is here, I have goals and plans to accomplish the things I want to do before returning home, I am excited to give it my all this last 7 months!

Bom Ano.
Elder Anderson














No comments:

Post a Comment