Monday, April 17, 2017

Boa Páscoa and the Car pushing Miracle

Olá,

Elder Carreira is my new companion, he is native Portuguese and is from the same city and home ward of my former companion Elder Luis. He has one of the coolest Portuguese accents i have heard, i am trying to learn to speak like him. He knows Elder Jacob Bristol from my home stake, they were in the Madrid MTC together.

We had a huge lunch with Irmã Lídia Lima, For dessert we had Baba de Camelo or in English Camel Spit haha it was interesting.

The Miratejo ward has Sister and Elders now so the Miratejo elders now share our house, We ran out of laundry detergent so we have been using dish soap instead for the past week haha. 

I am now speaking around 95% Portuguese! I still have some grammar that needs to be corrected, but Elder Carreira is really helping me with it. 

My golf score caddy is so fun to use keeping up with contacts. Saturday we did the family history flag for 2.5 hours and all 8 of the missionaries in our district.My goal was to talk with 50 people, by the end I had talked to 60! One of them I talked to about the Book of Mormon for 10 minutes and gave him one, he lives in the Miratejo district so I passed his info on to the other elders, but all the rejection was so worth placing one Book of Mormon.

The biggest Miracle this week was on Wednesday, we were deciding whether to pass Bella or Pedro, they were about equal distance, in either direction. We decided to pass Bella first, she wasn´t home so we went to Pedro. on the way a young man asked us to help him. He was with his sister and grandma and their car was stuck in the middle of a busy road, I think it had ran out of gas. They asked us to help push it, we were glad to help. So we pushed the car for a good 100 yards, crossing the Metro tracks and up a hill. By the end We were so worn out haha. The grandma was so thankful for our help and bought us lemonade, looked at us and said, "I know that God lives, that he loves my and watches over me, He sent 2 of his servants to me the exact minute that i needed them, this is another manifestation of his love for me" We told her than we were missionaries and we had a message about the Restored Gospel, she said that she had here own religion and wasn´t really interested, but then said, "May God bless you with people that will listen to your message" It was a special feeling walking away from that scene knowing that we truly instruments in the Lord´s hands that day, deciding to pass Bella first was not a thought of my own, but a sure prompting of the Spirit. 

Até proximo.

Elder Anderson
- I forgot to write about the follow up lesson with the San Tomé family, they are actually composed of a few different families and just go to the same church. there were only 15 this time we clearly explained the Sabbath day, how it was changed and the restoration of the gospel, some of the more open minded ones, that we gave a Book of Mormon to and that had interest weren't there this time. Probably because of Easter, but we will teach them again this Saturday and be even more prepared.
 My new companion, Elder Carreira
 Elder Rogrigues, a friend of a friend from efy 2 years ago.






​When you run out of laundry detergent...!!!
 Saturday contacts


 Baba de Camel or in English Camel Spit

No comments:

Post a Comment