Monday, April 10, 2017

Transfers

Olá,

Another transfer has flown by! Sunday I was joking with Elder Cotrell that he was going to Santo André and it ends up that he got called to Santo André and with serve with Elder Luis, my last area and companion. I will stay in Almada and with serve with Elder Carreira!

Saturday night we had an appointment at 6:30, we entered and there were 4 or 5 people in the house, he told us to come back 30 minutes later because more people would be there. So 30 minutes later we returned to a house full of an extended family of 25, all from San Tomé, ready to listen to our message. They all looked to me so I began talking and explained that we would teach the Plan of Salvation, which responds to the 3 questions, Where did I come from? Why am I here? and Where am I going? Then we said a prayer and began teaching and walked out 2 hours later, haha it was wild. Teaching all of them at once totally took out my fear of teaching. 

They were all 7th day Adventists and a few of them accused us of breaking the commandments for not worshipping on Saturday haha We didn't have much of a response except for that Jesus was Resurrected on Sunday so we said that we would return next week at the same time ready to respond to the question and a few others that they had. That lesson totally took my fear out of teaching. I will study a lot this week to prepare for our follow-up lesson.

On divisions with Elder Mitton, we watched the 20 minute Restoration video and after testified of it. Every time I testify of the first vision it is a booming spiritual experience. I know that Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ and that this gospel is truly restored once again to the Earth. 

We had lunch with a member who has read the Book of Mormon 101 times!

Naytan was baptized into the Miratejo ward on Saturday (the other ward that shares our building) he is 16 and was one of the most prepared people I have ever seen.

Elder Cottrell was sick for a few days, a bad fever and some flu symptoms so we were home-bound for 2 and a half days so I had some time to get some things done and prepare for next transfer. I read some of "Our Heritage" about the church in the early days following the Restoration. It is amazing to learn about the faithful saints who endured so much, the first missionaries of the church and the many Miracles that occurred. It was such a big motivation for me to work harder.

Até Proximo,
Elder Dallin Anderson










Package arrived!


No comments:

Post a Comment