Monday, April 3, 2017

TJ´s, AP Divisions and The Blueprint of Christ´s Church

Olá,

In President´s letter this week he revealed 6 points that he wants us to know for each point of the first 3 lessons, they are: Scripture, Question, Picture, Story and Invitation. I have almost filled it all out for the Restoration and then I will do the same for The Plan of Salvation and Gospel of Jesus Christ Lessons. It should really help improve my teaching.

The language continues to come, being optimistic I would say that I am 60-70% fluent. Present Subjunctive is beginning to make sense to me and I am now using it in my speech. It was crazy complicated for me in the MTC.

We had divisions with the AP´s this week. Elder Kealberer came with us and Elder Rosenkild went with the Elders in Miratejo. We worked hard, I learned a lot and we saw many little miracles and tender mercies.

Due to a lot of transport expenses this month we were out of MSF and we really low on food, but the Lord always provides a way and we happened to have lunch and dinner with members on Thursday and Friday. It was a huge blessing. 

General Conference was Fantastic, I listened to 2 sessions in English and 2 in Portuguese, one of them at an investigator´s house. The last one we were not able to watch because it was too late, but I should hopefully be able to watch it soon. It was cool watching Ulisses Soares give a talk, he visited the mission about a month ago, I loved how he started his talk with testifying that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God on this earth in these latter days. I enjoyed Elder Bednar´s talk where he spoke about that missionaries are called to the work and not to a place. It is interesting to think about from that perspective. 

For a long time I was hesitant to set goals because I felt that I was not good enough at doing it, but I realized that that is the totally wrong way to go about it. I have learned it is best to set goals that you think are realistic, they probably wont be perfect, but as you work towards them you see what you need to change and "Line upon line, Precept upon precept" 2 Nephi 28:30, (also in the Bible and Doctrine and Covenants) you learn how to correct the goals and way of doing things. I have learned a lot about goal setting recently.

Some TJ´s or Jehovah´s Witness´s knocked on our door this week. There are a ton of them here. I have probably seen over 50 of their missionaries on the streets, but interestingly enough I have yet to see them make a street contact, haha. Anyways I had about a 20 minute conversation with them, it was interesting haha I would have liked to dropped a bomb on them about the Restoration, living prophets or something like that but I realized that that would do no good, rather i gave them a pamphlet about family history and invited them to do theirs.

This morning we went to Sintra, it was beautiful, I don't think I have every seen anything like it in my entire life. I took like 150 photos, haha!

I listened to the Blueprint of Christ´s Church talk by Tad R. Callister, it just skims the surface of the book, but he clearly explains the doctrine of Christ´s church in the Bible and how The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only church that fits the blueprint 100%. The Church is true.

Até Proximo.
Elder Anderson















 There are underground tunnels connecting almost everything!



 Finally got a Ronaldo Jersey!


back to the days...

 Gypsie Venders


 Rice with Octupus...








ALMADA!



1 comment: