Monday, March 5, 2018

The Highly Effective Missionary

Olá,

We passed last P-day with the Assistants, it was super fun and we saw some super cool parts of the island! Then we all flew out to São Miguel for an incredible Zone Conference. We learned a lot of great things that we are applying but the one thing that stuck with me was the power of the Book of Mormon to resolve all of the doubts investigators have about baptism. I decided, like it says in Preach my Gospel to put the Book of Mormon as the central focus of my teaching and work in general for the rest of my mission. In President´s letter he wrote of 8 things we as missionaries need to do do to become consecrated and receive all the blessings of the Lord. I am working daily to apply one of these principles and made a list that I put in front of my desk.

Margarida has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon, has came to church 2 times and will be baptized this Saturday!

Elder Tanner showed a cool scripture in 3 Nephi 18:20 " And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you" it is cool because in the year 1820 (like the reference) was the year that Joseph Smith asked God what church he should join and had the first vision.

I did a baptismal interview for Veronica Friday, it was amazing to see her testify of the blessings she had already received from the gospel in her life, she was baptized by the other Elders on Saturday.

We started an English class for the first time on Friday it will be fun to do weekly.

We tried to take a short cut through a field, ended up not working so finally we got back to the same place haha and kept going and we ran into Irmão João Gomes whom we have been trying to find for a while, Miracle!

Elder Bohorquez gave me the book "The Highly Effective Missionary". Saturday at lunch I started reading and got so excited I read that night and finished before going to church Sunday. I learned many simple "outside of the box" tactics that will make me a more dynamic missionary.

Boa Semana!
Elder Anderson

 São Mateus






 Biscoitos








 7 people (6 Elders) in a 5 seater...

 My trainer, Elder Salmon is going home!







 My trainer, Elder Salmon is going home!




 "This gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people" D&C 133:37  
Fruity Pebbles!



No comments:

Post a Comment