Monday, October 3, 2016

Vocal Point Devotional

Hey everyone!

Things are going great here, I can't believe I am already emailing once again. Every week just goes by faster than the previous. The temple this morning was great, Our whole zone went to the 7:20session. It is getting cold up here so it was a long and cold walk all the way up to the temple but I really enjoyed it. Portuguese is rough but is coming slowly, I can't wait for the day that I am fluent.

General Conference was fantastic! I enjoyed all of it. I loved all of the talks about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is truly amazing. When Dean M. Davies spoke I was like wow he looks familiar, then I remembered that when we went down to Louisiana a month ago to he spoke in Sacrament meeting and I talked to him after about my mission! My favorite talk of all of conference was LeGrande R. Curtis, Jr. it was the single most focused talk that I heard all throughout conference. I loved how he told many stories and testified of the truth and power that lies in The Book of Mormon. I loved listening to the MTC choir at General Conference. They did great. A few of my friends got to sing in it. I was a little jealous haha

Last night we had a special devotional. They announced a special music number and wanted everyone to be seated by 6:25 so everyone figured that it was someone famous. We got there just after 6 and the floor seats were already pretty full, fortunately we were able to sit on the floor. When Vocal Point walked in everyone got so excited! The 9 of them each shared a story about their mission and then sang a few songs. It was amazing! One of the singers served in the Atlanta Georgia Mission and their main singer Kyle, served in the Portugal Lisbon Mission! He said that it is the best mission in the world haha I can't wait to see for myself. I talked to him and a few other of the singers after, it was sweet! Three missionaries in our zone got their visas and left this morning to go to the Sao Paulo MTC. I talked to 4 Elders this week that are going to the Atlanta Georgia Mission. I am so excited for them! I actually have one more week as District Leader, I thought I was getting released this week. haha

 Elder Cain who is from Ft. Lauderdale and left to the Brazil MTC this morning
 ​Irmao Brad Sears from our Powder Springs, GA stake
 ​When the field and Gym is closed...
 ​The Atlanta Elders
 At the temple this morning




No comments:

Post a Comment