Monday, April 9, 2018

Follow the Prophet

Bom dia,

At a Family home evening this week  Irmã Conceição invited a nonmember, Carlos,  to learn more about the church. I led the lesson talking about how the plan of Salvation is written in the Bible but cleared up in the Book of Mormon. We watched "Finding Happiness" and President Thomas S. Monson´s talk from April 2017 conference "The power of the Book of Mormon" and testified about the power of the Book of Mormon to make us better people in every aspect. I have read the Book of Mormon 4 times, and as a zone we are reading it before the end of the transfer and in my studies I have been studying one of the questions of the soul chapters. I love the Book of Mormon and know without a doubt that is it true.

I flew for a 4th time to Ponta Delgada for Zone Conference, that morning I and Elder Lofthouse woke up early and had a beautiful 4 mile run through the city and on a bike path close to the beach. At Zone conference I learned about doing the work for the right motives, how to strengthen the invite to be baptized, ways to strengthen the date for baptism for investigators through members and President spoke about how making sacrifices and always leaving the comfort zone leads us to being touched by the power of the Holy Ghost, completely converting us to the Gospel with no desire to every go back. The Azores are the best!!

After downloading all of general conference last week, I have been listening to the talks through the week preparing for the day, during lunch and at night. And applying the teaching in my life, Every night I have been recording the impressions and revelations that I receive during my prayers and the Prophet counseled to do. I know that President Russell M. Nelson is the Prophet of God here on earth and that by following his counsels we will become closer to God and the Savior.

Boa Semana!
Elder Anderson

(No pictures this week...)

No comments:

Post a Comment