Monday, April 30, 2018

Batismo

Olá,

We ran 25 this week, my shoes are beat up and I got a bad blister, haha I will buy some new ones today.

Elder Tanner is a direct descendent of John Tanner, yes The John Tanner Story. Pretty cool.

We are teaching a Catholic man named João (John) makes me think of Grandpa West when he was investigating the church. He has read 3 Nephi 11 and a few other chapters in the Book of Mormon.

Watching the mission counsel I learned about the importance of Good, clear communication. Presidente Tavares explained about how The First Presidency receives revelation and how they need to effectively transmit it to the members through the seventies, stake presidents, bishops, and how it should function the same way in the mission. Like the telephone activity with the cups and the line haha.

I have been studying now for a few weeks the "Questions of the Soul" of the Book of Mormon. The answers are so clear. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon I feel so good reading it, I know that it is true.

Frequently people tell us what we "believe" or the negative thing their Pastor said about The Church of Jesus Christ. A lot of untrue things. I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to know that I don't have to believe the words of some educated man but that I can ask God in prayer to know for myself.

Paula was baptized on Saturday! It went great and she will be a strong member.

Tchau.
Elder Anderson







 Serra de Santa Barba the highest point on the island! We could see the ocean on every side!


 I am pointing to Pico where Ed Silva was born, the island with the volcano behind São Jorge.






 Porto Judeu

 A little over 2 years ago a man at a bar flirted with 2 "German Girls in John Wayne Skirts" (Sisters) and offered to buy them wine. The obviously declined but invited him to have a church tour, He read the Book of Mormon and Friday we went out to eat to celebrate Frank´s 2 years as a member of the church.




No comments:

Post a Comment